How to Set-up a Sponsored Story on Facebook
After making the post on Sponsored Stories yesterday I realized Facebook has two different types of ad screens they show users. I seem to be on the old one. So here are instructions for the second (new) screen set. (For the first set click here)
How to Set-up a Sponsored Story?
- Got to https://www.facebook.com/ads/create/
- Choose your page, app or event.
- Select ‘See Advanced Options’.
- Click on Remove to delete the ‘Your Ad’ option.
- In the Stories about your Page post section – Select Stories about your page posts and choose the post.
- Make sure all three sharing options are ticked.
- Choose you audience based on country, city, age, gender, interests and connections (select the ‘not connected’ option).
- Make sure your page shows in the Friends of Connections field.
- Ad your account details, campaign name, campaign budget per day or lifetime and optimise for CPC or CPM.
- Review your ad.
- Place the order.
You can monitor and manage you ad from the Ads Manager option in the left column of your Facebook Home page.
Note: Due to Facebook’s Privacy Settings only the friends of the people who are already sharing their activity ‘on your page’ with their friends on Facebook can see Sponsored Stories about you.
More about Sponsored Stories – https://www.facebook.com/help?page=154500071282557
More about Promoted Posts – https://www.facebook.com/help/promote